My New Year's Resolution is to conquer my fears of doing something I find intriguing. Most of my list is crossed off, already, including the method acting class my friend Diánna Martin teaches. I would have never had the guts to do if it wasn't for her. I'm taking this class not because I want to be a cool actor, I'm not that cool, but because I thought it would help conquer my fear of public speaking and to find an outlet for my emotions. My tears on command were usually used as a magic trick at parties. I just wish I could shut it off when I am experiencing a painful moment. Ooh that's a technique I want to learn! Actually, I think of painful memories to make me cry on command, so I guess I've been using the method technique before I knew there was a technique.
I spent every Saturday in the city this summer (since May) just to take her class. It's worth it because one day everyone will realize how amazing Dianna is and I will not be able to afford her class once it takes off.
Diánna's class is in NYC, in my old neighborhood in Chelsea. She is such a wonderful, talented, uplifting soul. She is supportive when you need her to be and firm when she knows you can do more. She comes from acting royalty, her adorably sexy mother won a Tony and is a cool answer to a 70's TV trivia question. Her father taught acting at the Actor's Studio and was a student of Lee Strasberg. Dianna grew up in her father's class soaking in all there is to learn about acting and incorporating new techniques of her own. For more information check out her websites I listed at the end of this entry. Her bio is impressive.
If anybody wants to take an acting class - group or private go to her website and look for her email and send her a note: http://www.martinactingstudios.com/I spent every Saturday in the city this summer (since May) just to take her class. It's worth it because one day everyone will realize how amazing Dianna is and I will not be able to afford her class once it takes off.
Diánna's class is in NYC, in my old neighborhood in Chelsea. She is such a wonderful, talented, uplifting soul. She is supportive when you need her to be and firm when she knows you can do more. She comes from acting royalty, her adorably sexy mother won a Tony and is a cool answer to a 70's TV trivia question. Her father taught acting at the Actor's Studio and was a student of Lee Strasberg. Dianna grew up in her father's class soaking in all there is to learn about acting and incorporating new techniques of her own. For more information check out her websites I listed at the end of this entry. Her bio is impressive.
As for you shy people out there - I would have ran out of class ASAP! STAT! - If I had any other acting teacher. The class is filled with advanced students, intermediate and beginners like me. Everyone is so welcoming, fun, funny, friendly, talented and open. You really have nothing to fear.
Below are some of Diánna Martin's links. Check her out!
www.MartinActingStudios.com
www.MTWorks.org -- Look After You at the Fringe!
www.OberonTheatre.org
www.TheFabMarquee.com - Read her reviews!
1 comment:
I am humbled and appreciative of this! What a lovely thing to have a talented awesome person write great things about the work you love to do, and the way you are helping them.
Never fear, my dear. You will always be able to afford my class if you want to take it.
We're gonna get you started on two's soon...how to turn off the water...as easily as you turn it on.
xoxo
Post a Comment