Unemployment sucks. I thought I forgot how to dress myself, but then I realized that I just have no where to go. When I don't have plans on a budget, I usually remain in my PJs, eat, job search online... But when I decide to take a walk I check the weather and then I sit on my bed thinking, what do I wear? I ask myself, "Is it an exercise walk or just a stroll? Will I be sitting at the park or beach drawing or reading? Will I be climbing the brutal hills of my suburban town?" I decided to create a Pinterest board and captioned all the fashion ideas. Here are a plethora outfits that inspired me.
Unemployment Outfits of the Day
Get in touch with "Your Childhood Dreams" outfit.
What better time to practice something you love? If you feel guilty that you're not job searching 24/7, please consider it art therapy. You need your sanity in case you really do get a job interview.
Is it summer time? Yes! Why the angora sweater? Because you are at the cafe and it is fckn cold in here! You need caffeine and uninterrupted focus on writing brutally annoying cover letters. If only your roommates weren't always distracting you! If only all the art supplies staring at your were not distracting you! This outfit is so stylish! Maybe this is meet your millionaire soulmate outfit?
Lazy Perfection Outfit - Yes, because that's what everyone thinks.
Get out your fabric markers and draw a self-portrait. This is a time in your life where it is important to sell yourself! You are awesome! Everyone should know!
Bed duster, Joan Jett's skinny jeans & the purse you used at your last full time job. Remember the bed head hair style to polish it off.
"Would you like a napkin with your drooling?" Waitressing is an excellent way to make money. If you are slow, old & tired like me, consider a diner or cute pub to work in. If you're young, the world is yours! Work it!
Have your friends treated you to one too many drinks? Are you a rockstar now? Embrace your shame! And then apply for medicaid and get your ass into therapy. Click the link for an easy and no cost idea to transform an old and boring T-Shirt into a modern one that rocks! Do It Yourself instructions at StyleItChic website!
Are your friends insensitively bragging about their raise at work? Show them you're fancy too with this DIY tutorial!
Your 20 year High School Reunion is coming up and the Post-It Notes idea was already taken by Romy & Michelle... Just tell them you found Jesus and that you're a stay-cation missionary now.
For when you want to cultivate the "Margot Kidder in the Bushes" look.
Honorable Mentions ~ The Accessories
Oh lord, you are going to need this spiritual flask for when you go to a job interview and find out that it is just a pyramid scam. They wasted your valuable time!
Your boyfriend's birthday is coming up & you're broke? No worries! Cut up his favorite tie and present him with this thoughtful gift! DIY at Your Own Risk : No tutorial for this.
It is easy to make fun of being unemployed, but make sure you practice gratitude. This positive idea is by the author Elizabeth Gilbert. It may be hard to enjoy the little things in life when you are stressed and depressed, but it is so important to take care of yourself. Be gentle with yourself. Surround yourself with positive people. I wish all Job Hunters not only a steady job, but a job that you love and pays very well. xo














No comments:
Post a Comment