DISCLAIMER: I occasionally have sensitive skin, my t-zone is dry and the rest of my face is normal. Everyone's skin is different and experience different reactions to products. The face washes I've tried might work for you depending on what your skin needs.
I was in search for the perfect face wash that was natural and good for me with the least amount of chemicals. I tried samples from The Body Shop. I only wash my face at night. In the morning I lightly go over it with a wet warm washcloth. Years ago a lady who gave me a facial said that my sensitive skin would benefit from it. So far, I believe she is right. If I wash at night, there is no reason to use a cleanser again in the morning.
Nutriganics Foaming Face Wash - My face felt soft after washing, but ten minutes later my face felt super dry. I don't like using moisturizer at night because it tends to break out if I do and look amazing if I don't. If you have oily or combination skin I recommend it.
NatruLift Softening Facial Wash - My face felt soft, but very tight after a few minutes. Not recommended for very dry skin like mine.
Vitamin E Cream Cleanser - Compared to the others, this felt like the cream part of the cleanser was too thick and it felt like it left a thick residue on my face. I totally skipped out on moisturizer because of it. My face did not at all feel dry after using it, but instead it felt oily. I didn't feel clean and I started to break out after a couple of days of using it. I wondered if it was just bad timing and the break out was from hormones instead of the cream cleanser? Well I stopped using it and returned to it once my visitor left and I am still breaking out. Maybe this is not for me? I can definitely recommend it to someone who has dry skin that is not occasionally sensitive like mine.
Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator - I recommend using this once or twice a week to moisturize and exfoliate your skin at the same time. I have no complaints. I suggest wearing it like a mask for 5-10 minutes and then massage your face before rinsing off.
Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover - It does the job, but I wouldn't buy it again. I miss my stupidly expensive Makeup Forever Makeup Remover. I have learned that the best way to take off makeup is to put the product on a Q-tip and wipe the lashes clean. This product irritated my eyes and it burned a little. It took a couple more squirts of the product to take it all off. It's ok, no big deal.
What I have learned here is:
1. My sensitive skin needs a wet warm wash cloth in the mornings & a cold water rinse.
2. A strong but gentle makeup remover at night.
3. Only wash my face with a cleanser at night if I used makeup. Otherwise follow rule #1.
4. My skin looks amazing without using a bunch of products. Just keep it simple.
If you have my skin type just follow my four rules. It's infallible... so far....
AND if you can, ask for samples before buying the products. You know what? It's mandatory that you request free samples. It'll save you time significantly and you will not have to waste time returning a product.
Hope you have a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment